Job No: JOB2019MTN001
Date posted: Apr 18, 2019
Profession: Customer Support
Employment Type: Full Time
Senior Customer Support Engineer
At MTN Business Kenya Limited, we are one of the leading providers of corporate communication solutions, having modern and reliable network infrastructure in the region. Currently, we seek to recruit a qualified Senior Customer Support Engineer to join our team of highly skilled Engineers. The ideal candidate should be integral to reinforcing our reputation for exceptional customer experience and one who shares our passion for making people’s lives BRIGHTer
Reporting to the Area Manager; Coast, the candidate will be based in Mombasa and will be involved in supporting customers especially in the Coast region by providing and recommending appropriate solutions in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services. In addition, they are involved in the integration, deployment and subsequent monitoring and maintenance of complex customer solutions.
The incumbent shall be responsible for:
- Handle technical escalations from the Customer Support Engineers.
- Monitor and report critical network components to detect failures and degraded performance.
- Lead engineers for key customers / those with complex solutions.
- Handle large and complex projects.
- Technically Up-skill the Customer Support Team.
- Monitor and manage the VoIP Platform.
- Supporting wider team with knowledge share, via knowledge base communications (emails, how-to guides etc.) and contribution at team meetings.
- Preparing reports on a timely basis.
Knowledge, skills and ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Entry level CCNA or its equivalent certification is a must.
- CCNP or JNCIA qualifications would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing/maintaining client relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of customer solutions e.g. data communications, mail servers and proxies.
- Good analytical skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and goal focused.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may apply with one PDF attachment application for both the CV and cover letter.
Send your application by 30th April 2019 before 5:00pm East African time.
MTN Business Kenya reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.